This Saturday, August 1st brings a plethora of choices to the table for music lovers of all genres. Shows at Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, Spirit, Wigle Whiskey and McKees Rocks Municipal Parking Lot provide some great options to spend your evening, but the only can’t miss show may be at The Shop in Bloomfield. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider going to Teenage Takeover 3 this Saturday.
5. The Summercamp are playing their 2nd show ever! When these guys are mainstays on the Pittsburgh music scene you can say you were fans since the beginning.
4. Pachyderm released their debut EP right before Teenage Takeover 2 last January. This time around they have more new music including the new single “Deepish Blue.”
3. Chase the Monkey will be a hot act after they release their debut album and you’ll be the first to hear the album this Saturday.
2. Nox Boys are sure to break out some new material and always put on a great show. Being mostly an under 21 band, gigs are hard to come by. Teenage Takeover is their creation and has really helped put other local 21 and under bands on fans radar.
1. Allentown band, The Yetis are headlining the takeover with their own brand of infectious surf rock, like a modern day Beach Boys only with out the beach. Being from Eastern PA you could probably call their music snowboard rock. Seriously, Little Surfer Girl will be stuck in your head after a couple listens.