Slim Forsythe is a staple at Nied’s Hotel and of course is the natural choice for host of the venue for R.A.N.T., which takes pale in Lawrenceville. The week of Rock All Night Tour was a big week in the history of Mr. Forsythe, calling it his “R.A.N.T.iversary week.” Also calling R.A.N.T., “tavern owner appreciation day. Here are a few R.A.N.T.iversary dates that are special to your Nied’s Hotel host:
• August 11th was the 10-Year Anniversary of his first gig as Slim Forsythe. (31st Street Pub, August 11th, 2005)
• August 13th was the 42nd Year Anniversary of his first day at Zippo Manufacturing Co., in Bradford, PA. He was
17 and just outta High School in 1973. He worked in the Acid Etch Department making the famous windproof
lighters and if they broke they fix them free!
• August 14th was the 7-Year Anniversary of his first date with Patsy Patsy the Cowboy Sweetheart (Jill Morgan).
On Thursday night, August 14th, 2008, she walked into Nied’s Hotel with a cowboy hat on her head and a big smile
on her face and stole his heart.
• August 15th RANT was the 46 Year Anniversary of Woodstock.
• August 15th was also the 50 year anniversary of the Beatles’ third and final Ed Sullivan Show appearance.
So, if you see Slim this time next year on these dates wish him a happy R.A.N.T.iversary! Below are a some photos from Nied’s Hotel during R.A.N.T and some from beyond.
Nied’s Hotel Photos by Randy Jarosz
Slim Forsythe hosting Nied’s Hotel during R.A.N.T.
Devin Moses and the Saved
Mark Cyler and the Lost Coins
Photos by Jennifer Moore
Photo Joe and the Negatives at Stinky’s
Prime 8 at The Night Gallery
Grand Bell at Chromos Eyewear
IV at the Hop Farm
The Wire Riots at the Hop Farm